Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So Far So Good, So What...

The back corner

Here is the "Smut Cupboard" pre-demolition

No, it wasn't an accident it was carpet glue honest..

These are the true face of evil

Pile-o-Junk™

The studio is finally getting some much needed T.L.C. renovation-style... For today the builders have arrived. Someone might call me out right here for being too weak and girly to do the job myself. This is true but I've spent the last week ripping up carpet, avoiding tetanus and finding unsavoury reading material buried beneath to pass the torch on instead.

Trades are like drunk children - they need guidance. And by guidance I mean direction and by direction I mean you must tell them exactly what you want, especially when the job is difficult & finnicky.
I find that most of them come from the School of Least Resistance -which is fine if I was to build a box like the one Alec Guiness lived in à la Bridge Over The River Kwai but this recording studio of mine is actually intended for human beings.

Don't get me wrong either, I have every faith in their building/demolishing abilities and none in mine. I barely know what a stud or a nog is (studs was a bad 90s dating show FYI) but if I'm the client and I'm the one paying the bills can't we just do it my fucking way!? It's not like I want the walls to bend and squiggle at arbitrary lengths .. all I want is for the studio to be the way I want it, and if that costs more fine.

Enough ranting, time for some cell phone goodness.

*I'll get round to taking prettier pictures with a prettier camera when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment